Opening Reception Saturday, August 6, 2022
Exhibit on view August 6, 2022 - September 11, 2022
Tue – Sat
10:00am to 4:00pm
What is wrong with being “A Little Sketchy”? This is art we are “drawn” to! Some of our best friends are sketchers. And sketchy. Scant. Skimpy. Fleshed-out and full-bodied. Rough or unfinished. Dishonorable. Disreputable. Maybe your sketch is about a sketch, a short humorous play or performance. Let your sketchy self run wild! Grab your pens and pencils, charcoal and pastels. And show us what inspires you on this theme!
Drop off date: Monday, August 1, 2022 from 10am to 4pm
Up to THREE works per artist may be submitted
No size limitation, 2D and 3D work accepted
$10 per piece for CCftA members / $15 per piece for non-members.
- Creativity and Originality - Work that breaks from the ordinary, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
- Craftsmanship and Technical Skill - Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
- Emergence of a Personal Vision or Voice - Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style.
- Interpretation and Clarity of Theme (when applicable) - How well does the artist represent it? Will the theme be understood by viewers?
- Presentation and Overall Impression - The style of presentation should be in accordance with the style of the art piece and the theme of the competition. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
- Cotuit Center for the Arts reserves the right not to select and/or display anything it views as unsuitable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
- All work must arrive gallery ready.
- All artwork must be either priced for sale or marked ‘NFS’ (Not For Sale)
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the exhibit
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK: Work should be hand delivered to Cotuit Center for the Arts, 4404 Falmouth Rd, Cotuit, MA and unpacked by artist or artist’s agent on the advertised drop-off day. Any other arrangements must be made in advance with the Gallery Manager, Michelle Law.
SALES, COMMISSIONS AND DELIVERY: CCftA will retain a 40% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
RETRIEVAL: All unsold artwork must be removed on the Monday after the close of the exhibit between 10am and 4pm, or by special arrangement with Michelle Law. Any work not removed during this specified time may be subject to a storage fee.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to Michelle Law, Exhibitions Specialist.