Paint large! Experience the fun, freedom, and spontaneity of using large brushes available at any hardware store to create seascape and landscape paintings. Using big brushes, water-mixable oil paints, and a palette knife, full-time Sandwich-based artist Joe Gallant will demonstrate and guide you through the steps of creating your own large horizontal seascape that just might become a focal point in your home or office!
You will complete your own oil painting during this fun one-day workshop. Suitable for beginners, intermediate painters, and past participants in Joe's Big Brush classes. Pack a lunch! (refrigerator available in the Studio).
Joe has conducted workshops and painting demonstrations for many years and you will enjoy his fun and casual approach. If you have ever felt that you are “too tight” and unsure of yourself when you start a painting, here’s your chance to learn an exciting new technique that might just change the way you paint forever!
- One horizontal canvas, 48x24” or 40x16” preferred. Joe will be using 48x24”. Michaels often offers online weekly discount coupons for purchases.
- 4” and 3” flat wall painting brushes. Buy the cheapest bristle brushes, usually on the bottom shelves at Home Depot and other hardware stores.
- 1” round or flat oil painting brush
- 2” or similar palette knife
- Tray for mixing paints
- Sharpened pencil
- Roll of paper towels or rags
- Small bucket or plastic bowl
- Old clothing
Winsor & Newton 37ml or larger:
- Cobalt blue
- Cadmium red
- Cadmium yellow
- Viridian Green
- Titanium White
Other shades can be substituted.
Tables or floor easels will be supplied. Your canvas will need a sheet or other protective covering to transport the wet painting home.