Paint large! Experience the fun, freedom and spontaneity of using large brushes available at hardware stores to create landscape and seascape paintings. Using big brushes and water mixable oil paints, full-time Sandwich-based artist Joe Gallant will demonstrate and guide you through the steps of creating your own large seascape that just might become a focal point in your home or office!
You will complete your own oil painting during this fun four-hour workshop. Suitable for beginners, intermediate painters, and past participants in Joe’s workshops.
Joe has conducted workshops for many years and you will enjoy his fun and casual approach. If you have ever felt unsure of yourself when you start a painting, here’s your chance to learn an exciting technique that just might change the way you paint forever!
Students provide their own supplies (see list below). Wear clothing to paint in and feel free to bring a snack.
Please contact Joe at 774-313-0916 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Samples of Joe’s work can be seen at www.capecodwatercolors.com
- One canvas 48x24” or 40x16” preferred. Joe will be using the larger size. Michael's and AC Moore offer weekly discount coupons.
- 4”, 3” and 1” flat wall painting brushes. Buy the cheapest “Pure Bristle” brushes available on the bottom shelves in the wall painting departments at Home Depot, Lowes, or Walmart.
- 1” wide oil painting brush
- 2” long or similar palette knife
- Tray for mixing paints
- Sharpened pencil
- Small bucket or plastic bowl
- Roll of paper towel
- WATER MIXABLE oil paints (Winsor & Newton “Artisan” brand, 37 ml or larger)—One tube each of red, blue, yellow, green and white. Select any shade of each. Available at Michael's, AC Moore, Amazon, and online art supply websites.
Our classes and workshops are open to students of all abilities and needs. We are currently unable to provide one-on-one instruction, though we will make every attempt to address accommodations for full and successful engagement whenever possible.
If a student requires individual supports, parent/guardian/PCA/teacher/ABA Therapists/etc are welcome to attend.
Please contact Christine Ernst, Director of Education, for more information at email@example.com