Collage: Memory and Imagination will be an exciting and adventurous two-day workshop to explore the possibilities of collage. Working with artist Ric Haynes, students will build and construct multimedia collaged images using diverse materials. Collaborative synergy and personal energy will inform the workshop and lead the group and individuals in new directions and experimental approaches, away from restrictive and confining methods. Participants will create at least three artworks: a group piece, a collaboration with a partner, and an individual work.
This is a fun, exploratory class and and all skill levels are welcomed.
Wear comfortable clothing and bring a lunch or snack.
There will be introductions, exercises on the imagination, as well as a collage work completed by the group.
All materials brought in on the first day will be shared. (Personal collage materials will be used on the second day.)
On the second day, the group will be divided into partners, and one to two collages will be made by this partnership.
In the afternoon each individual will make a final personal individual collage.
Material list – what to bring to the workshop:
- Pad of 11” x 14” Bristol board
- Xacto knife with a supply of blades
- Cutting mat, small
- 1 pair of scissors
- Two or more permanent glue sticks (UHU stics)
- Clear packing tape, masking tape
- A variety of materials to use in collage. Suggested materials may include:
- Paper (decorative, patterned, wrapping papers, envelopes)
- Magazine pages
- Pages from old books ripped apart
- Found objects (feathers, postcards, discarded objects, menus, etc.)
- Textured papers and bubble wrap
- Foil, colored tissue papers
- Sobo glue
- Paper plates
- Wax paper
- Matte medium
Our classes and workshops are open to students of all abilities and needs. We are currently unable to provide one-on-one instruction, though we will make every attempt to address accommodations for full and successful engagement whenever possible.
If a student requires individual supports, parent/guardian/PCA/teacher/ABA Therapists/etc are welcome to attend.
Please contact Christine Ernst, Director of Education, for more information at email@example.com