This workshop with B. McCormick is for artists and makers who want a more professional presence on social media.
Why Instagram? Its Visual! It is THE best way for a visual artist to show their work.
New to Instagram? We will cover:
- Using Instagram – the basics
- Photography - learn the best way to photograph your work with your smartphone
- Create consistency/content (POST your work)
- Learn good habits from the start
Already on? we will explore:
- Maximizing your Bio
- Photography consistency, options & tips
- Curating your art and account
- Creating content calendars and scheduling tips
We will talk about:
- Your brand as an artist
- Posting with purpose
- Strategies for engaging your audience
- How to find your comfort zone (revealing too much?)
- Hashtags - what?!!
- Additional helpful apps
What you need:
1. Smartphone (with camera) with the Instagram app installed
2. A few pieces of Art that you want to photographed. (2D or 3D), and additional digital images of your art (on your phone)
3. Optional: laptop (very helpful!)
4. Humor (important)
The photographic images of B. McCormick fluctuate between Man-made structure(s) and Nature, creating and questioning visual depth when elements collide. Often her images give a sense of tactile "grit" in the air. Working with pinhole cameras and similar, she captures images that often test balance and footing – metaphorically or actual. At one time an Architectural Photographer and Industrial Designer, B. McCormick is now pursuing her personal work.
Recent juried shows include: Nude Nite Orlando, Nude Nite Tampa, and the Griffin Museum of Photography. The work is in private collections and has been shown in galleries and museums throughout the US. Visit her website at bmccormick-artist.com.
Our classes and workshops are open to students of all abilities and needs. We are currently unable to provide one-on-one instruction, though we will make every attempt to address accommodations for full and successful engagement whenever possible.
If a student requires individual supports, parent/guardian/PCA/teacher/ABA Therapists/etc are welcome to attend.
Please contact Christine Ernst, Director of Education, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.