July 2-August 1
The project times will be:
10-3 pm on Thursdays
10-12 pm on Saturdays
We are looking for volunteers to make face masks for the Center. We will have 2-hour sessions for 4 people at a time, and for each session, we will need 2 sewers and 2 non-sewers. The two non-sewer volunteers will be gathering up donated materials and washing them, ironing clean materials in preparation for measuring, and cutting materials to size with a template. The two sewers will each have a workstation with a sewing machine, supplies, and detailed instructions on how to sew the masks together. Once the masks are completed, they will be sanitized and used for visitors to the Center who have not brought their own.
- You will need to wear a face mask for the entire session.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to wash/disinfect your hands.
- The workstations in the Gallery have been set up according to social distancing recommendations, and each station will be disinfected between each project session.
Call to the Public for Mask-Making Materials:
We will be accepting the following materials:
- 100% cotton fabric
- 95% cotton/5% spandex fabric (cotton jersey knit)
- t-shirts in good condition
- any donations of thread
There is a bin in front of the Box Office for material to be dropped off:
Thursday 10-12, 1-3, 4-9
Mask making ends August 1, so sign up now!