May 5 - June 9
Opening Reception May 5
DROP OFF DATE MONDAY APRIL 29
- Up to THREE works per artist may be submitted on or before (by special arrangement) the designated drop-off day, during regular box office hours.
- No size limitation, 2D and 3D work accepted
- FEE: $10 per piece for CCftA members / $15 per piece for non-members
- Jurying for each open-juried exhibition is done LIVE in the gallery at the end of drop-off day by members of the Cotuit Center for the Arts Curatorial Committee unless otherwise noted.
ELIGIBILITY: Submissions are welcomed from any artist in either 2D or 3D media.
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail and posted on the CCftA website by the Wednesday following drop-off day.
The jurors will be asked to judge against the following criteria:
Creativity and Originality - Work that breaks from the ordinary, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
Craftsmanship and Technical Skill - Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
Interpretation and Clarity of Theme - How well does the artist represent it? Will the theme be understood by viewers?
Presentation and Overall Impression - The style of presentation should be in accordance with the style of the art piece and the theme of the competition. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
Cotuit Center for the Arts reserves the right not to select and/or display anything it views as unsuitable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. ALL WORK MUST ARRIVE GALLERY READY. (i.e. wire or other appropriate hanging materials must be attached or alternative installation supplies must be supplied)
2. All artwork must be either priced for sale or marked ‘NFS’ (Not For Sale)
3. WORK CANNOT BE WITHDRAWN BEFORE THE END OF THE EXHIBITION
SALES, COMMISSIONS AND DELIVERY: CCftA will retain a 40% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
RETRIEVAL: All unsold artwork must be removed on the MONDAY following the close of the exhibition between 10am and 4pm. Any work not removed during this specified time may be subject to a storage fee.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to Michelle Law, Exhibitions Specialist (Michelle@cotuitcenterforthearts.org)
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork for consideration, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this Prospectus.