Streaming Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view this event?
Only 1 device per access code can be logged into a stream.
The easiest way to view your streaming event is from the email confirmation.
- On a computer or mobile device, simply click the “Watch Stream” button in the “How to Access” section of your email.
- On your AppleTV, download the ShowTix4U app and enter your 6 digit alphanumeric Stream Access Code found in the email.
- Download your Access Codes and receipt, distribute to your guests, and have them enter their 6 digit alphanumeric Stream Access Code at www.ShowTix4U.com/stream
Keep in mind you'll want to be on an updated browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
Where is my access code?
Have you had a chance to check your email inbox for your ticket packet? When you've successfully completed a purchase transaction, you'll receive an email from ShowTix4U.
You'll be looking for an email from email@example.com. This will contain your 6 digit alphanumeric access code as well as information on how to get to your streaming event. Please make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.
Supported Browsers to Watch Streams
We support playback in most current browsers. Due to security vulnerabilities, if you’re using an older browser or operating system, you’ll need to upgrade to continue watching your ShowTix4U stream.
Here is a list of our supported browsers/versions in order from most to least recommended
- Chrome 30+ (has automatic updates)
- Safari 9+
- Firefox 27+ (has automatic updates)*
- Internet Explorer 11*
- Microsoft Edge
*ShowTix4U streams are only supported in Firefox for Windows 8 and later. Earlier versions of FIrefox are no longer supported for playback.
*Older versions of Internet Explorer (IE 10, 9, 8, etc) lack security protocols and cannot be used to watch streams from ShowTix4U. As of January, 2016, Microsoft has stopped releasing updates to older version of IE.
Supported Operating Systems to Watch Streams
The ShowTix4U Player works on a wide range of operating systems, but we only guarantee full functionality on systems that are currently supported by their creators.
- Windows 8+
- MacOS Sierra (10.12.6)+
- Android 6+
- iOS 12.6+
Internet Connections to Watch Streams
- ShowTix4U requires a minimum STABLE download speed of 700kbps or faster in order to view the lowest quality stream. Since bandwidth can fluctuate for any number of reasons, we recommend you use a dedicated Internet connection of 5 Mbps or faster to stream videos from ShowTix4U.
- For best performance, a hardwired connection via ethernet is best, but if you prefer to use Wi-Fi, be sure your router is configured correctly and that your network is not being shared with other devices. Also, make sure that other computers on your network are not streaming at the same time as you plan on watching a ShowTix4U stream.
- The player will attempt to auto choose the resolution based on your internet speed.If you are experiencing buffering, click on the gear icon of the player and lower the resolution of the stream.
Can I watch the stream on my Smart TV?
You can watch on a computer or mobile device or on your Apple TV by downloading the ShowTix4U app. Most Smart TV browsers do not directly support streaming from our platform.
You can watch your event on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. If you would like to watch on a TV, you can download the ShowTix4U app on your AppleTV or connect a computer or laptop to the HDMI input of the television.
Message says Access not valid
If you're entering your access code and receiving this message: "Access not valid, invalid stream ID." -- there are a few things that could be causing this.
- Make sure you're using the correct access code. This is NOT your purchase transaction number (TXN). It is the 6 digit alphanumeric code that was emailed to you. It's located in the body of the email as well as in the PDF packet.
- You may be very early for your event. Confirm the date/time/time zone on your ticket. If you're more than an hour early, you'll need to come back closer to your event start time.
- You may have missed your event. Confirm the date/time/time zone on your ticket. If you have a set date/time on your ticket, that is the only date/time the access code will allow you to view your event.
- You may have an on demand event that you're early/late accessing. Check the arts organization box office for the date/time the video will be available. Please note that if you've already clicked the link and used the 48 hour viewing window, this access code will no longer work.